How to Connect to a Health Information Exchange
Public health reporting
- Start with the basic HL7 message output from GE and Evident, making sure to clean up the Evident messages, add in the GE messages with provider information cross referenced to Evident and send.
2. Using the ingredients from step 1, add in radiology and lab results from Evident, making sure not to mix together, each has it's own port.
3. For the Transcriptions, add together Evident documents and Medhost Emergency Department records and send in to their port.
4. CCDA creation can be a little tricky, but fortunately GE Centricity has a pre-configured option courtesy of our friends at Qvera. Evident didn't have that option, so we built our own. It uses a combination of HL7, database queries and API calls to various locations to put together, so we have it's own recipe set up. For more information click here.
I'm really happy for you that you took this step forward and I wish you all the best. You can use me as a reference and I will attest to the fact that you are the best at what you do and have an excellent report with your counterparts.
Abdirahman Siad, Project Manager: WISHIN - www.wishin.org
- Reedsburg Area Medical Center in Reedsburg, Wisconsin is live contributing demographics, labs, radiology reports and transcriptions from their GE Centricity and Evident systems. January 2018
- Divine Savior Healthcare in Portage, Wisconsin is live contributing demographics, labs, radiology reports, syndromic surveillance, transcriptions and Direct Messaging from their GE Centricity, Evident and Medhost systems. October 2016